8 Free LUTs to download and use with DaVinci Resolve and other color grading systems
The fine details of booking colorist training courses with us...
– Training from a well known professional Colorist (8 years teaching, Colorist since 1996)
– After completion you’ll receive a signed certificate showing the course you studied
– PDF class notes come with each course.
– Our training project timeline and give-away clips may serve as a revision-aid later.
– Video Media will be loaded onto your machine at 09.30 on the first day of your course.
Previous students have been editors, graphic artists, motion graphic artists, directors, producers, camera technicians, DITs, videographers, photographers, junior colorists, colorists from Telecine backgrounds and 3d artists.
Having some experience of color correction is an advantage but not essential. The ability to operate a computer comfortably and be aware of video ’timelines’ is fairly important. If you have any concerns about the suitability of these courses for you then we can chat about that before actually booking.
The Hong Kong classes will be held at a reputable, well equipped and well located conference facility with HD projection. Lunch will be provided on-site for the students to save time or you can stretch your legs if you need. There is a little flexibility with class end time incase of any delay but we aim to keep schedules quite punctual. The full venue details will be confirmed 21 days prior to the class when you receive the final confirmation.
– Reserve a place on the course by completing the booking form. We will then send you instructions for payment using PayPal. When payment is received we will confirm your place on the course
– Class places are available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
– The class will go ahead as scheduled as long as we reach a minimum of 5 students. The maximum class size is capped at 10 students to ensure quality time with the instructor.
– We will confirm to you by email whether the class will commence as planned 21 days before the course date. Please arrange any travel/flight/hotels after this date to ensure that you don’t incur cancellation charges from your agent!
– Reserve a place by completing the booking form (we will contact you and send you a payment link for Paypal/Credit Card). We will hold your reservation for 3 days awaiting your fee payment.
– If you need to cancel, you can 22 days before the class date but a cancellation fee will be deducted from your original payment (The cancellation fee will be 15% of your course costs plus any Paypal fees they charge)
– As mentioned above we reserve the right to cancel classes with 21 days notice if participant numbers are too low to proceed. If class cancellation is necessary we will offer for you to reschedule or refund your full course fees.
– We offer no help with Visas for those attending courses from abroad – please check that you are allowed to attend before booking.
– In the rare event of any emergency occurring on a course day which affects the class schedule we will do our upmost to ensure that you receive the full training you booked and appreciate your understanding while we try to correct any issues. Please keep your finish time flexible incase hours need to be extended.
The course will be taught using English language (unless translation is stated in the course description). We intend classes to be a hands-on learning experience and require students to practice what is shown in order to learn all the concepts and techniques taught. You will also get the opportunity to ask questions during the sessions and also at a Q&A session at the end of the day.
The classes are often diverse with people from many backgrounds and with varying skill levels. It’s a great opportunity to meet industry contacts and share experiences together. At the beginning of the first day we’ll briefly introduce ourselves Every effort is made to progress together as a group but if you feel you need further explanation please mention this to the instructor before the end of the day. We encourage enthusiasm but please be considerate to your classmates!
– You will be required to bring your own laptop* capable of running DaVinci Resolve V12.
– Please make sure there is at least 50GB of free storage on the machine.
– If you are concerned about the capability of your laptop then a system can be hired for you (please ask us when booking).
For laptop compatibility you can refer to the guide below:
Laptop Configuration Guide: DaVinci Resolve V12
Hong Kong – A vibrant and historic city where cutting edge meets tradition and west mingles with east. The view when flying in and out of HK can be breathtaking. HK makes a great mini-break whether your a shopper, big-time foodie or up-all-hours bar crawler. Apart from the stunning highrise metropolis of central Hong Kong you can experience the mountainous beauty, towns and villages of the more peaceful rural areas. Be sure to spend a day or two either side of your course to enjoy Hong Kong and maybe capture some of your own amazing footage. It’s also a great place to stock up on cameras, lenses and the latest gadgets at bargain prices!
Giles has been a colorist for 19 years, firstly starting in UK but working extensively worldwide. During that time he has worked on movies for cinema, TV commercials, TV drama, documentaries and music videos. He has worked closely with Blackmagic Design on DaVinci Resolve and regularly representing them worldwide at trade shows like IBC and NAB showcasing their latest features and demonstrating how to get the most from their systems. He has provided training at many industry leading post-production facilities using DaVinci Resolve and also Quantel (Now SAM) teaching high end-finishing systems like iQ and Pablo Neo to colorists and online editors. He’s been teaching professionals of all levels in the industry since 2008. Giles is a keen photographer in his spare time and and uses many other types of software for stills editing.